Pokemon GO took off with insane momentum out of the gates using its kick off in July of 2016. Crowds of folks people gazing at their phones more than ever before and walking about in a seeming trance swiping their screens. But by the fall of 2016 many of the players got become bored or un-enthralled. Some reports suggested that 33% or more of the initial players had decreased out and stopped heading to the “gym” so to speak.
Many do not know that Pokemon GO was released with a company that has had another successful increased reality game running since 2012. Listen up, Niantic Labs which started as an internal startup at Yahoo and later spun away into its own business produced a fun and somewhat popular AR game called Ingress years before Pokemon GO. Ingress started out with a tiny release that was by invite only and on Android only and then it started out to expand with five-hundred, 000 reported players in 2013 then 2 mil in 2014 and then Niantic reported 7 , 000, 000 players in 2015. Although it is difficult to find up-to-date numbers now, there are still over 4. 5 Million readers to the Ingress Google+ community, and many passionate players. hacks pokemon go
So I post that Niantic can learn some points to better Pokemon GO from the other game Ingress. Both the are already tied together. The majority of the Pokemon GO pokestops and gyms are located at the well mapped “portals” from the Ingress game. Actually I already recommended in a sarcastic article by myself blog that we can blame the Enlightened faction from Ingress for the appearance of Pokemon. If you would like to read more on that just do a search for “Pokemon GO: I Blame the Enlightened” (those of you who have played Ingress know that the educated were always trying to welcome the strange XM anomalies and open the portals to permit the mystical forces to reach on earth, whereas the Level of resistance were trying to protect our planet from some unfamiliar force entering our world. )
5 Ingress Attributes that might Benefit Pokemon MOVE
1) An Intelligence map: Ingress has a map open to all players of the complete world showing every portal and which team owns it. You can zoom into the local roads and see which websites are open, which has been used over by your opponent and which ones your team still owns. Envision if you may see this for Pokemon gyms and stops you might not exactly know exist.
2) Notifications and In-game chat: Ingress allows you to chat with fellow team mates and enemies within the game, and see updates when a portal is under attack. This could be fun in Pokemon.
3) Ability to trade items with other players: At any time run out of revives, potions, or pokeballs? Picture if you could acquire some from teammates in the heat of the battle rather than the need to treck around and find pokestops to stock again up. In Ingress, you can drop items for other players they have a 12-hour disintegration time and so if not acquired they disappear off the scanner map. The only problem is competitors can grab them as well. So you need to be sneaky. Nevertheless this method would be great to free up space from your rucksack or storage from time to time. Another option is an NPC at gyms that stores trading for your own or team customer.
4) Shields and security: In Ingress you can acquire shields and system items that assist to protect your portals by switching the effectiveness of disorders, or even turrets which attack opposing team players when they get too near a portal. This kind of could be altered a little for Pokemon Go adding extra difficulty to gym battles or maybe creating the scanner to show wrong information for a time frame and so forth There are lots of options. Could be you could be a Staff Rocket sabotage when 3 or more opponents look at to take a fitness center.
5) Community Events: Ingress has huge events in key cities and locations where teams come to compete or complete duties in the area in a given period of time. That creates a lot of community and strategic planning and would be interesting if something similar could carry over to Pokemon GO. I picture an area of your city with dense pokestops and health club locations. In-game prizes would be agreed to the team that accomplishes tasks like, take over 5 gymnasiums for your team, increase them to level 6th and possess the King pokeman of all the gyms be a Vaporean. First team to accomplish gets added bonus coins and potions or rare evolves or something of these sort.