Gastric Sleeve Surgery is a relatively new bariatric procedure. Yet quickly it is becoming a well known weight loss surgery option. Seeing the preliminary results of this surgery, some doctors claim that in the future it may turn into a very common bariatric surgery if not, THE most popular one. Gastric sleeve surgery Cancun Mexico
This process is also known by other names like Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Vertical Gastroplasty, Greater Curvature Gastrectomy, Parietal Gastrectomy, Gastric Reduction, and Sleeve Gastroplasty. This article discusses gastric sleeve surgery, how it works, some of the advantage and disadvantage to keep in head when considering this process. Also, at the end some hospital advice are provided.
GastricSleeve surgery procedure started out in England in 2002 as a stand alone weight loss procedure for anyone with a BODY MASS INDEX greater than 35. It includes proven to be quite safe and quite effective. The results have recently been very impressive according to other surgeons in USA & other parts of the world, who performed this procedure since the first done in England. Traditionally this weight loss process has been performed as a first stage of a two stage weight damage for super obese patients. Increasingly it is being adopted as a stand alone surgery for lower BMI patients as well. In this bariatric surgery, the surgeon removes roughly 60 to 80 percent of the stomach laparoscopically.
In the first stage of the procedure the cosmetic surgeon creates a tube out of the stomach by using staples. The portion of the stomach that is stapled out is them removed. This brings about a tiny sized stomach, which takes a condition of a “sleeve” or a “banana” or a “tube”.
Regarding to a published technological research a hormone called “GHRELIN” makes people famished, slows metabolism, and decreases the body’s ability to burn fat. This hormone is produced in the stomach. Gastric Sleeve procedure removes the section of the stomach by which Ghrelin is produced. The no production of this hunger relating hormone results in protecting against an increase in appetite.
Thus sleeve surgery works in two ways to become an efficient weight reduction surgery. One by minimizing the stomach size to accommodate excess food & secondly reducing the hormones that creates craving for food. This kind of is the reason Gastric Sleeve surgery is thought to be superior by many doctors.
Advantages & Benefits of Gastric Outter Surgery
– Can cause 30 to 60% surplus weight loss within 12 months of the procedure.
– Less invasive than gastric bypass and does not bring about altering or trimming of the intestines.
– No dumping syndrome associated with gastric sleeve.
– Malabsorption is not as is in the circumstance of gastric bypass surgery. The patient does not need too much dietary supplements compared to ones who have a digestive, gastrointestinal bypass.
– No overseas device with the body, unlike a LAP BAND
– Gastric sleeve procedure is believed to be less risky for high BMI patients
– Better for patients with prior surgery or complicated medical conditions.
– After the surgery most food items can be consumed. Even though in small quantities.
– Other type of weight loss surgery if required can still be performed following a Gastric Outter procedure.
Short Comings or Disadvantages of Gastric Outter Surgery
– Relatively new procedure there are no long-term research. Although primary results are extremely promising.
– Once performed this treatment cannot be reversed.
– Experienced surgeons can sometimes be difficult to find, that again due to this becoming a new procedure.
– Insurance firms do not cover intestinal, digestive, gastrointestinal sleeve surgery.